Friday, April 29, 2011

Reflections....

Sorry it has been so long since I have posted! I have been staying busy! I just wanted to take a moment tonight and reflect on how awesome God is. You see, four years ago today, my sweet niece was in a terrible 3 wheeler accident. But God choose to bring her through it and for that I am so grateful!


I remember the day exactly. It was April 29, 2007, a Sunday night. I was at Free Chapel with Dana and we were attending the Joyce Meyer event. After we left I noticed I had a few phone calls and they were all from my Mom. I called her back and heard some pretty scary news. Ashley was out riding the 3 wheeler and while she was taking a turn she hit a rut and the 3 wheeler flipped over. She had scrapes and bruises on her legs from where the tires had hit her. But the scariest thing of all was that the jagged pedal you put your feet on went into her side. She was bleeding badly and had to be life flighted to the children's hospital in Kansas City. I remember hearing that she was saying Bible versus and singing praise songs with Shawn to keep calm. Even the doctor was amazed at the peace she had. That peace could only have come from God! And the fact that the pedal had just barely missed puncturing an important organ was another sign that God was keeping an eye on her! 


I can't imagine how scary it must have been for her...she was only 11 at the time. But this girl has such a strong faith in God and it was evident to all who were with her during the time of her accident and recovery. I am so thankful that God brought her through this and made her the strong young woman she is. I love you Ashley!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drum roll please.........

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods