Tuesday, September 13, 2011

September Already??

Here I am again! I am going to try and blog more often...again. The last one was in April so that tells me I am not so good at it :-)


I have stayed very busy since my last post! In June I went to Horn Creek Christian Family Camp in Westcliffe, CO with my family for a week. It was just the thing i needed! Time to relax and not have to work. It was so peaceful there. 



I have made a few trips to Iowa since then to see my family. I was just there Labor Day weekend for a surprise early 80th birthday party for my Grandma. She had her 2nd hip replacement surgery this past week (doing well!!) and we figured she wouldn't be up to celebrating with everyone around 2 weeks post op.


In July I had a major life changing moment. I spoke with two women from church who had lost a lot of weight and they told me what they were doing. Mom and I went straight to Lawrence Nutrition Center that same day after church and got started! That was 7 weeks ago and at this point I have lost 25 lbs! It is amazing! I really thought with all the restrictions that I would feel deprived and would quit right away but I haven't missed a thing! I do go to Orange Leaf once a week and that is the highlight of my week! At the end of my weight loss journey I will post my before and after pics. 


Until next time! (which hopefully won't be 6 months from now) :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drum roll please.........

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods